For all the kids
BarneBirken run Saturday June 10th 2023
This race is for all kids in the age from 0-11 years old. No time keeping.
The track is easy and differs for each age group.
All participants will recieve a diploma, medal and prize.
For kids in the age 0-11 years old by 31.12.2023
BarneBirken run (kids)
Entry BarneBirken run
Online registration open until Wednsday Jue 8th.
Registration on site:
Friday June 11th:
- Håkons Hall: 10.00-21.00
Saturday June 11th
- Håkons Hall:
- Stampesletta - startin area outside: 12.00 - until start
Starting fee: NOK 125,-
Entry fee: NOK 125,-
Start and finish at Håkons Hall.
Food- and drink stations
At the finish line:
water, juice, chips and Gilde sausage
Starting times and classes
Preliminary Starting times
- 14:00 9-11 years old 1,7 km
- 14:10 6-8 years old 850 m
- 14.20 3-5 yeats old 650 m
- 14:30 2 years old and younger 350 m
Age as per 31.12.23
All participants recieve a competitors pin at the finish line and a diploma
Need to know in advance
Bus and parking
There will be free shuttle between the finish area at Håkons Hall and the start area at Birkebeineren ski stadium Saturday 08.30-18.00. The ride takes approximately 10 minutes from Håkons Hall to Birkebeineren ski stadium.
Arriving by train June 11th?
Are you arriving by train from south to Lillehammer (estimatet arrival at Lillehamme skysstasjon: 09:37, 10:41, 11:40 or 12:45) there will be free shuttle to the start at Birkebeineren ski stadium.
Bus to start UltraBirken and Birken fjellmaraton
There will be free shuttle to UltraBirken and Birken fjellmaraton from Kleivbakken behind Håkons Hall to start at Sjusjøen at 06.30 and at 07.00.
Booking: Send an an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday at 20.00.
Parking will be available at Birkebeineren ski stadium and east of Håkons Hall. Follow directions from our volunteers.
Parking: NOK 75,- Order in advance
Roads that will be closed on race day June 11th
- Sjøsetervegen will be closed from Birkebeiner Skistadion to Sagmyra between 09.00-16.00
- Nybuvegen is closed between 09.30-16.30. Furubakken will be periodically closed.
On race day
What happens when ?
Preliminary information 2023
Thursday June 8th
- 15.00-21.00 Sport 1 market
Friday June 9th
Håkons Hall, Lillehammer
- 10.00 - 21.00 Sport 1 market
- 10.00 - 21.00 Race Office and distribution of Bibs
Saturday June 10th
Sjusjøen Ski Stadium
- from 07.00 Distribution of Bibs
- 08.00 Start UltraBirken run
- 08.30 Start Birken fjellmaraton
Birkebeineren ski stadium, start
- from 8.30 Sistribution of Bibs and Race Office
- 10.00 Start Birkebeinerløpet
- 14.00 Start HalvBirken løp
Haakons Hall, Lillehammer
- 10.00-18.00 Sport 1 marke1
- 10.00-18.00 Distribution of Bibs, Race office, prizes and diplomas
- 14.00 Start BarneBirken run
- 15.00 Start Birken 5KM
- 16.00 Start UngdomsBirken run
Ceremonies, Håkons Hall
- From kl. 13.30 Birkebeinerløpet
- Fromkl. 14.30 Birken fjellmaraton og UltraBirken løp
- From kl. 15.30 Birken 5 km
- From kl. 16.00 HalvBirken løp
- From kl. 17.15 UngdomsBirken løp
Distribution of Bibs
Distribution of Bibs
Friday June 9.:
All races: Håkons Hall kl. 10.00 – 21.00
Saturday June 10.:
Birken 5 km, UngdomsBirken and BarneBirken run:
-Håkons Hall 10.00-18.00
Birkebeinerløpet 21 and HalvBirken run 12:
-Birkebeineren ski stadium (Start) 08.30 - 14.00
UltraBirken run and Birken fjellmaraton: Sjusjøen ski stadium 07.00 - 08.30
Starting card is available for download from your My Page, from approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the race. This is your participation confirmation.The start card must be shown to retrieve your BIB. You may also use the Birken app for this.